Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of getting traffic from organic search results on search engines. In other words, SEO is getting your website to the top of a Google search list so that more people can find you.
The key to SEO is to make sure that your website has all the information on it that search engines like Google need in order to find your website. Search engines look for these key things on your websites:
- Titles of webpages
- Links between websites
- Words in the links
- Fresh and engaging content
You can learn more about SEO here:
5 Tips to Improve Your SEO
Woodhouse has a great SEO strategy, so affiliating your website with ours will also improve your SEO. To get started, we recommend the following:
- DO NOT duplicate content (i.e. copy and paste the “About Woodhouse” page) because it will hurt the search engine results for both your company and Woodhouse.
- Use copyscape.com -> products -> free comparison tool. Make sure that the duplicate score is less than 40% when comparing the text between Woodhouse’s website and your own.
- Include regionally-specific content on your website. For example, if you are based in the Finger Lakes, include a sentence in the “About Us” section that talks about the Finger Lakes, something like “We are the leading builder in the Finger Lakes region of New York.”
- Make sure that your address and phone number is on the website.
- Use hyperlinks to the Woodhouse home page throughout your website. Like this: Woodhouse
- Use photos that are sized for website use (lower resolution) and link directly to the Woodhouse floor plans landing page so that customers can easily browse more timber frame floor plans.
Example Text for your website (Do not copy word for word):
Since 1979, Woodhouse has designed and manufactured hundreds of timber frame homes throughout the country and abroad. Our superior craftsmanship and quality reflects the unique vision of our clients and the skill of our architectural designers. Over 1,000 satisfied timber frame homeowners have trusted us with their dreams—get started on yours with our simple design process.
All of our custom timber frame homes share a complete package of elements: expert joinery, custom construction, unparalleled design experience, and attention to detail. Combined with our unique lifetime transferable warranty, they make Woodhouse the obvious choice to build your new home. Each icon below shows the features and designs that make Woodhouse timber frame homes unique.
Woodhouse’s design team consists of dedicated professionals who have a passion for timber framing. With over a century of combined experience among them, they provide exceptional customer service that is guided by the desire to build a relationship with future homeowners and to create excellent designs. Their wealth of experience combined with their collaborative efforts will bring your dream home to life.
With each step of the way, our design team applies their creative talent and state-of-the-art technology to build your dream home. From hand sketches to 3D modeling, they will help you visualize your plans as they develop. These illustrations direct the leading construction drawings used by artisans in our joinery shop, who will craft your timber frame, and [LaDuke Construction], who will build your home.
In addition to custom timber frames, Woodhouse offers scalable, pre-designed timber frame homes as a cost-effective alternative. These models will jumpstart the building process and reduce the time and cost of designing your home. You can have the beauty, strength, and spirit of a Woodhouse timber frame home in a shorter amount of time.